Save time and reduce stress by getting organized well before moving day. Here’s a useful moving checklist that will help you get started.
One Month Before
- Get a free quote from Cadden Brothers and book your moving day as early as possible to ensure you get your desired day.
- Buy moving boxes and packing supplies.
- Set up a packing and labelling system. Get organized and begin boxing up anything you won’t need in the next few weeks.
- Sell, donate or get rid of anything you won’t be taking with you.
- Notify the post office and any health service providers such as doctors and dentists.
- Update your human resources/payroll department at work.
- Secure necessary parking permits both at your current address and at your new home for moving day.
Two Weeks Before
- Arrange for time off from work on moving day. It’s highly recommended you send small children and pets to be looked after somewhere else.
- Notify your local DMV of the change of address on your driver’s license.
- Notify the necessary utility companies such as water, telephone, electric, gas, cable, etc.
One Week Before
- Cadden Brothers will call you to confirm moving date and time.
- Complete an inventory form to account for all your valuables and any items you wish to insure.
- Remove curtains, light fixtures and other affixed items you wish to take with you.
- Drain gasoline and oil from lawn mowers and other gas-powered equipment.
One Day Before
- Consolidate packed fragile items into one area.
- Let your movers know if any furniture is damaged or fragile.
- Separate and mark items you don’t want movers to take.
- Ensure personal items such as passports, keys and medications are with you and not packed away.
- Defrost, drain, and clean refrigerators and freezers.
- Disconnect propane tank from gas grill.